Naomi Watanabe (渡辺 直美) The Japanese Beyonce – Wiki, Bio, Height, Movie, Weight, Boyfriends, Family, Relationships, Interesting Facts, Career, Awards, Biography, and More
Populalry Known As
Naomi Watanabe (渡辺 直美) is a Japanese comedian, actress, and a fashion designer. Naomi Watanabe was born in New Taipei City, Taiwan, to a Japanese father and a Taiwanese mother. Naomi is half-Taiwanese and half-Japanese. Naomi intended to move from Japan to the US in April 2021. She was brought up in Ibaraki. She got popular after imitating Beyonce, after which people started tilting her as ‘The Japanese Beyonce.’
Height – 1.57 m (in meters), 157 cm (in centimeters), 5’ ‘(in feet inches)
Hair Color- Black
Eye Color – Black
Naomi is Hal-Taiwanese and half-Japanese. Her mother is Taiwanese and Father Japanese. Naomi Watanabe hasn’t shared much about her relationship. She is single and enjoying her success and fame as of 2021.
Naomi Watanabe (渡辺 直美) is famous for doing impersonations of renowned artists in the Japanese culture. One of her most amazing and popular imitations was that of the renowned singer Beyonce, which rose her to fame back then in 2008. Naomi imitated Beyonce’s songs ‘Crazy in Love’ and ‘Dreamgirls’ that got her popularity almost instantly.
Naomi Watanabe owns a fashion line ‘Punyus’ which means chubby in English.
She also played the role of ‘Mabel’ in the musical Fame. Naomi Watanabe also appeared in the musical Hairspray.
Naomi Watanabe (渡辺 直美) was once suggested to wear a pig costume for the opening ceremony and get titles ‘OlymPig’ by Tokyo 2020 creative director, Hiroshi Sasaki, who was forced to resign after he suggested this idea to Naomi Watanabe.
Interesting Facts About Naomi Watanabe (渡辺 直美)
1. Naomi Watanabe (渡辺 直美) is a comedian, actress, and a fashion designer.
2. Naomi got massive popularity after she imitated Beyonce back in 2008.
3. Naomi owns a YouTube channel titled ‘Naomi Club’, which has 1 million subscribers in 2021.
4. She has recently uploaded Lady Gaga “Rain On Me with Ariana Grande” Official Parody.
5. Naomi Watanabe (渡辺 直美) has done a voiceover for Doraemon, which is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Fujiko F. Fujio. She did a voice for Doraemon’s 50th anniversary and 40th movie, “Eiga Doraemon Nobita No Shin Kyoryu.”
6. Naomi Watanabe has been featured in Vogue Japan. She has appeared in different magazines.
7. Naomi loves doing her nails, and she constantly tries different nail arts.
8. Naomi Watanabe has been featured on Vogue (YouTube) channel.
9. Watanabe Naomi loves to swim whenever she has time.
10. Naomi loves to wear colorful wigs with her unique colorful outfits.
Naomi Watanabe said in an interview:
I saw it and thought, ‘Oh, I might be curvy. Hahahahaha,’” she tells me through a translator. “It’s not that I love myself because I am fat. I just love who I am right now. Whatever body I have today, I like to embrace that. That’s my self love: Love yourself at whatever size you have today.”
“I’d love to make everyone laugh. Not just Japanese people,”
“In NYC, you have to fight every single day. You have to speak out and be vocal about what you want. In my opinion, in Japanese culture, when you say your point of view, people think you’re a snob or are bragging,” she says. “Here, everyone says what they want and are thinking.”
I didn’t grow up in the best environment. I turned to music and comedy to take my mind off my parents fighting. To break the silence or clear negative air, I would say something funny and make my parents laugh. That’s what got me hooked on it.”
When I make people laugh, it gives me joy. The feeling is something you can’t describe. It’s almost orgasmic,” she says.
When I laugh a little too loudly at her answer, she deadpans. “That felt good.”