Zachary Coffin -Wiki, Bio, Height, Age, Weight, Wife, Family, Interesting Facts, Career, Houston, Art
Zachary Coffin is an American actor and scriptwriter most known for his roles in television shows and movies. His full name is Zachary Coffin, but his friends and family usually call him Zach. Coffin received his Bachelor of Arts degree with honours from Columbia University. Subsequently, he attended the School of Cinematic Arts at the University of Southern California for his Master of Fine Arts degree in Film Production. Coffin is a graduate of the Stella Adler Acting Studio in New York. He began his career in India as a stage performer, appearing at the Prithvi Theatre and NCPA in Mumbai. This is where he started out in the acting business.
Height: 5’11” (in feet inches)
Weight: 165 lbs (in Pounds)/ 75 (in kg)
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Bald
Zachary grew up in San Francisco and then moved to New York, and L.A. after that.
He is currently unmarried and living in California, USA.
Actor Zachary Coffin has worked in 30 different countries as a Consultant before he finally landed up in India to be an actor. He is currently living in India and came here on 6 December 2010. Actually, he wanted to a writer-director, but ended up being an actor in India. While he was on road one day, one man tapped on his shoulder saying, ‘Hey White Guy, we need.’ This might sound bad but Zachary completed embraced this experience. That man also said, ‘We need an evil white guy for our play.’ That’s how he was discovered for the Indian cinema.
Zachary has appeared in around 60 films, tv shows and web series. His very first big film was ‘Mary Kom,’ where he played the German boxing coach. Another big movie, where Zachary was seen is ‘Tiger Zinda Hai,’ where he played the role of American Intelligence Community. He was seen as a military intelligent officer in Iraq.
More about his projects!
Coffin is perhaps best recognised for his performance as a German boxing trainer in the film Mary Kom (2014). He received the annual directing internship slot with the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for Picket Fences, which was nominated for an Emmy. He did this when he was a graduate student at USC. In later years, in 2008, when he was still living in the United States, he served as a judge for the Miss India America competition.
He has appeared in various Bollywood movies like Drive, Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran, Mary Kom, Baby, and many others including some TV serials like Vidrohi and OTT web series. Zachary was seen in Amazon TV series, Inside Edge. His recent projects in Bollywood are Ram Setu and Mission Majnu.
Besides, he has appeared in various Western productions as well, which includes ‘The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,’ where he played American tourist.
Interesting Facts about Zachary Coffin
1. Zachary Coffin is a complete teetotaler.
2. It is “The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” that brought him the most glory as an actor and writer in the United States of America (2015).
3. In the beginning, he worked for the consulting company KPMG as the Global XBRL leader and was a founding member of the XBRL International Steering Committee.
4. Coffin portrayed parts such as the British football coach in Housefull 3, which was released in 2016, and Lord Jackson in the blockbuster film Jackson Durai, which was made in Tamil (2016). Raag Desh and Judwaa 2 are both included in his release from 2017.
5. Coffin is most known for his performance as the “gora shaitaan,” Greyerson, in the Indian television series MahaKumbh.
6. He has appeared in several television programs and film roles (2014-15).
7. He has delivered speeches on the topics of globalisation, transparency, and the media at over one hundred conferences and institutions all over the globe, including the MIT Media Lab, ICFAI Bangalore, and Nanyang Technological University (Singapore), amongst others.
8. In 2018, he played in the Bollywood action historical drama Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran, directed by Abhishek Sharma. Alongside John Abraham and Diana Penty, he appeared in the movie.
9. Also, he was a member of the Board of Directors for the Alumni Association of the School of General Studies at Columbia University and the International Advisory Committee for Virtual Communications at the School of Creative Media (RMIT University, Melbourne).
10. Zachary has travelled to more than 30 countries to work.
11. He is fond of cycling, and usually prefers cycling when going out.
12. Zachary used to go for a lot of auditions. However, he just used to get callbacks for evil character role in movies or tv shows.
13. Coffin has sent over a 3000 emails to almost every casting person to get a role in any movie or TV show.
14. He feels that both America and India are his home now.
15. Zachary has appeared in various TV ads, including Zoho, Hiver, Toplyne, Tasty Bite, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, and many more.
16. He has also appeared on Hindi TV show, CID.
17. Zachary is fond of writing poems.
18. Zachary loves reading books.
19. His favorite poet is Vishnu Chandra Sharma.