Jacqueline Fernandez – Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, Controversy, Affairs, Career, and More
Jacqueline Fernandez is an Indian actress, model, and restaurateur who was born in Manama on 11 August 1985. Her hometown is Colombo, Sri Lanka. She is often called by her near and dear ones by her nickname, Jacky. Jacqueline’s zodiac sign is Leo. She did her schooling at ‘Sacred Heart School, Bahrain’ and then completed her graduation at the University of Sydney, Australia in Mass Communication. She even attended Berlitz School of Languages to learn languages like Arabic, French, and Spanish. Currently, she is working as an actress and model in the Bollywood industry.
Height – 5’7” (in feet inches), 170 cm (in centimeters), 1.70 m (in meters)
Weight – 56 kg (approximately)
Eye Color – Dark Brown
Hair Color – Dark brown
Figure – 34-27-35 (approx.)
Jacqueline Fernandez was born in Manama and she has her father, Elroy Fernandez (Businessman), and Malaysian mother, Kim Fernandez, who is an Air hostess in her family. Jacqueline has two elder brothers and one sister. Her nationality is Sri Lankan, and she follows Christianity. Also, popular Sri Lankan journalist, Frederica Jansz is her cousin.
Jacqueline Fernandez was in a relationship with Bahraini prince, Sheikh Hassan Bin Rashid Al Khalifa for almost 2 years.
They broke up in 2011, and after which the prince has released a music album called ‘Jackie Oh No.’
Later, she dated director Sajid Khan for more than 3 years. In 2021, the news of Jacqueline dating the conman, Sukesh Chandrasekhar was all over the internet.
Jacqueline Fernandez started her career at the age of 14 when she hosted her first TV show. Then, she started participating in different beauty pageants, before entering the modeling industry. She even worked as a reporter in Sri Lanka for a few years. Finally, in 2006, she was crowned as ‘Miss Sri Lanka.’ Apparently, she was seen in the music video, ‘O Sathi’ in the same year. Later, she moved to India to explore more opportunities in the entertainment industry.
Fernandez also took training in acting from John School of Acting, after which she took up a few modeling assignments both in Sri Lanka and India. Jacqueline has even modeled for various magazines, such as Exhibit and Vogue.
Jacqueline Fernandez was always fond of working in Hollywood. She never thought to be a part of the Bollywood industry. However, while she was in India back in 2009 for one of her modeling assignments, she auditioned for a movie, Aladin. At that time, she could barely speak Hindi. Even after that, she got selected for the role (lead role) in the flick, also starring Riteish Deshmukh and renowned Bollywood actor, Amitabh Bachchan. The film, Aladin, didn’t do well at the box office; however, Jacqueline was noticed after this flick.
She got to play roles in some hit Bollywood movies, such as Murder 2 (2011), Housefull 2 (2010), Kick (2014). Jacqueline is seen in many other flicks, such as Dishoom (2016), A Flying Jatt (2016), Judwaa 2 (2017), Race 3 (2018), Drive (2019), and Bhoot Police (2021). Her upcoming projects are Attack, Bachchan Pandey, Vikrant Rona, Cirkus, Hari Hara Veera Mallu, and Ram Setu (2022).
Jacqueline Fernandez has appeared as a judge and guest on dance shows, such as Dance Plus (Season 2) and Jhalak Dhikhla Jaa 9 in 2016, Dance Plus (Season 3) in 2017, and Dance Plus (Season 3) as a guest. Besides, she was seen as a guest on Dance Deewane (Season 3) and Dance Plus (Season 6).
Jacqueline Fernandez has appeared in several music videos, including GF BF (2016), Mere Angne Mein (2020), Genda Phool (2020), and Paani Paani (2021).
Awards and Nominations
Jacqueline Fernandez has won several awards, such as IIFA Awards in the category for ‘Debut of the Year-Female’ in 2010 for the movie, Aladin. In 2012, she won Stardust Awards in the category of Exciting New Face for Aladin. Apart from that, she also won the 15th Asianet Film Awards for ‘Most Stylish Bollywood Actress’ in 2013. In 2015, she won BIG Star Entertainment Awards for ‘BIG Star Most Entertaining Dancer’ along with Stardust Awards in the category ‘Style Diva’ for the movie, Kick.
Jacky won Ada Derana Sri Lankan Of The Year for being a Global Entertainer in 2016.
In 2016, Jacqueline Fernandez created controversy after she wore a Kripan in one of her songs, Sau Tarah Ke in the movie Dishoom. The Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Committee (DSGMC) protested against the use of Kripan in the song. However, it was later clarified by actors John Abraham and Varun Dhawan that it was not a Kripan, but an Arabian Dagger, which Jacky wore in the song.
Jacqueline Fernandez has to appear before the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in connection with the Rs. 200 crore money laundering case, which was filed against the conman, Sukesh Chandrasekhar. She is also rumored to have been dating him since their picture got viral on the internet. Jacqueline Fernandez has skipped three summons from the ED before finally appearing before them.
Interesting Facts About Jacqueline Fernandez
1. Jacqueline Fernandez is an Indian actress, who hails from Sri Lanka and was even crowned as ‘Miss Sri Lanka’ in 2006.
2. Jacky’s favorite destination is Italy, and she loves to visit the place every now and then.
3. She is an animal lover and has always supported PETA. Also, she has turned vegetarian since she joined this organization. Jacky owns cats as her pets too.
4. Jacky owns a restaurant in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The name of her restaurant is ‘Kaema Sutra.’
5. She even runs an NGO to support and help the downtrodden in Sri Lanka.
6. Jacqueline Fernandez drinks alcohol.
7. Jacky’s favorite attire is Saree, and she loves to wear it when she can.
8. She loves surrounding herself in clean places and is a clean freak.
9. Jacqueline Fernandez has been ranked 12th on the list of ‘World’s Sexiest Asian Women’ in the UK magazine, ‘Eastern Eye.’
10. She is a polyglot and can speak multiple languages, such as English, Hindi, French, Arabic, and Spanish.
11. Jacky has a love for sketching and it is one of her favorite pastimes.
12. Fernandez loves playing piano and often shares videos on her social media playing soothing tunes.
13. Her love for traveling and exploring different parts of the world is undeniable.
14. ‘Pali Village Cafe’ is her favorite restaurant in Mumbai, India.
15. Jacqueline loves the color white.
16. She is a huge fitness fan and even does pole dancing to keep herself fit.
Related Read>>>>>>>>>> 14 Times SALMAN KHAN came with his UNIQUE dance moves!!!!