Vijay Deverakonda – Wiki, Biography, Age, Girlfriend, Movies, Affairs, Height, Weight, Hometown, Parents, Siblings, & More
Vijay Deverakonda aka Deverakonda Vijay Sai is an Indian actor and film producer, who was born on 9 May 1989 in Achampet, Telangana, India. His zodiac sign is Taurus. Vijay went to Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School in Anantapur, Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh. After that, he went to Little Flower Junior College in Hyderabad. He went to Badruka College Of Commerce & Arts to study Bachelor of Commerce with Honours.
Height – 5’11” (in feet inches)
Weight – 75 kg (in kilograms)
Eye color – Brown
Hair Color – Black
Vijay Deverakonda was born into a Brahmin family in Hyderabad, India. His father’s name is Govardhan Rao and his mother’s name is Madhavi. His family hails from Thummanpeta village of Mahbubnagar district (now Nagarkurnool). Vijay’s father was a small TV serial director who left work because it didn’t work well for him. His mother is a Proprietor of Speak Easy in Hyderabad. Deverakonda has a younger brother, Anand, who holds a degree in B.Com. He works with Deloitte in the USA.
Vijay Deverakonda is unmarried as of 2022. However, he was rumored to be dating Virginie, who is from Belgium and played a very small role in Pelli Choopulu in 2016. The movie starred Vijay Deverakonda.
In 2019, rumours said Vijay was dating Brazilian actress and model, Izabelle Leite.
In 2022, he is rumored to be in a relationship with Indian actress, Rashmika Mandanna, who works predominantly in Kannada and Telugu language movies. Both are frequently spotted hanging out with each other.
Vijay Deverakonda began his career with Ravi Babu-directed romantic comedy, Nuvvila in 2011. He then appeared in a minor role in Life is Beautiful. Later, Nag Ashwin cast Vijay in a supporting role in the movie, Yevade Subramanyam opposite actor, Nani.
His first lead role was in a romantic coming-of-age movie, Pelli Choopulu. The movie was a hit and won Best Feature Film in Telugu, Filmfare Award for Best Film – Telugu at the 64th National Film Awards. After that, he was seen in the movie Dwaraka in 2017. Vijay was then seen in Arjun Reddy, which brought him both praise and criticism for his role. His performance as a self-destructive, short-tempered, and alcoholic surgeon won him several awards, such as Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu. He was also ranked in the 100 Greatest Performances of the Decade by Film Companion in 2019.
In an interview when asked about how he got the rage to play such intense role, Vijay said:
Arjun Reddy might be a challenging role, but it was the easiest thing for me to do. I would give the entire credit to Sandeep Reddy Vanga for writing such an amazing script and the dialogues blew my mind. That dialogue “Suffering is personal, let him suffer” was so profound. I don’t think anyone has framed it in those exact words before. I understood the emotion of every scene and I had the freedom to frame it the way I want. It’s not a dialogue anymore, it’s an emotion. I could use English wherever I wanted, I had to convert some stuff into Telugu. But few things sound better in English because they aren’t as profound and can’t be translated. Luckily, people absorbed all that.”
After Arjun Reddy, Vijay appeared in Ye Mantram Vesave, which was earlier set to release in 2013 but did in 2018 later. The next film for him was Mahanati, a biographical movie of the life of actress Savitri. In 2018, Vijay was seen in the romantic comedy Geetha Govindam, where he played the role of an innocent professor. His next movie was NOTA, which was released on 5 October. After that, he was seen in Taxiwaala.
In 2019, he appeared in Dear Comrade alongside Rashmika Mandanna.
In an interview, when asked about Dear Comrade, Vijay said:
Dear Comrade is a honest story. This is a film that could have been done in three to four crores, but we made it in 30 crores, including all the languages. It could have even been pushed to 60, but we felt this was right. It is not a film of scale, but of emotions. A boy, a girl and the fight for what you love, that’s all the film is about. Our cinematographer, music director, editor and our heroine all come from different industries, and we thought that it would be better if it came out in all the languages.”
After that, he was seen in Hero. However, the movie was shelved due to some reasons. In 2020, he was seen in World Famous Lover. In 2022, he is seen in a movie, Liger, which is directed by Puri Jagannadh and produced by Karan Johar. He will be seen alongside actress, Ananya Panday.
In an interview, Vijay shared his experience about working in movie, Liger:
I didn’t know I do this. Maybe I do it at some level. It’s just the kind of roles I am drawn towards. I listen to some scripts and some stuff excites me and I do them. There is not too much thought behind it.”
Interesting Facts About Vijay Deverakonda
1. Vijay is also a director of the Telugu short film, Madam Meerena, which was released back in 2014.
2. He calls his fans Rowdies.’
3. He is also listed as the ‘Most Desirable Man in Tollywood’ in 2017.
4. Vijay performed almost a 3-page long dialogue take in one go for the movie NOTA.
5. Deverakonda also launched a clothing line named ‘The Rowdy Club.’ His brand is also available on Myntra.
6. Vijay once recorded a song for one of his movies named Geetha Govindam. However, due to some delays and issues, the song was not released. Then, Vijay sang a song for his own brand, The Rowdy Club.
7. He was always fond of acting and used to act in plays while he was in college.
8. Deverakonda was the brand ambassador for the well-known food delivery app called Zomato.
9. Vijay donated relief funds, which even included a donation to victims of the 2019 Pulwama attack.
10. In 2020, Deverakonda has also conceptualised & founded a non-profit organisation named ‘The Deverakonda.’ He donated to help Ganesh Ambari, who is a kickboxer and won the Taco Indian Open International Kick-boxing Championship Title 2020.
11. The word ‘Rowdy’ came from his family. They used to call Vijay ‘rowdy’ every time he did something that his family didn’t approve of. Apparently, he started using this term to refer to his fans and followers.
12. He loves traveling to new places and reading books.
13. He is an animal lover, especially dogs. He owns one as well.
14. Vijay is a fitness freak and indulges in various physical activities, such as gymming, cycling, swimming, and many other activities.