Raima Islam Shimu – Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, News, Career, Death, Age, Husband, and More
Raima Islam Shimu was a famous Bangladeshi actress, who began her career in acting in 1998. Her debut movie was Bartaman and she worked in more than 25 movies before she died. She had also worked in numerous TV dramas and produced a few of them as well.
Height- 5’5″ cm (in feet inches)
Weight – 80 kg approximately
Eye Color – Black
Hair Color – Black
Raima Islam Shimu barely shared about her parents. However, she had a sister named Fatima Nisha and an elder brother named Shahidul Islam Khokon.
Raima Shimu was married in 2004 to Shakhawat Ali Nobel. Shimu had one daughter and a son.
Raima started her career in movies in 1998 with her debut movie Bartaman. She also appeared in the Bangladeshi TV series, Graduate (2010-2011). Moreover, she appeared in more than 25 movies before she was found dead in Dhaka. Shimu was also an associate member of the Bangladesh Film Artistes Association. Apart from being an actor and model, she even worked as a producer for a few Bangladeshi movies. Her last film was Jamai Svasur (2004).
Raima Islam Shimu was rumored to have a dispute with Bangladeshi actor, Zayed Khan for his membership in the Bangladesh Film Artistes Association. However, Zayed later denied the rumors by saying:
I never spoke to Shimu over the phone in the last two years. All this is a conspiracy against me.”
Interesting Facts About Raima Islam Shimu
1. Raima always had a keen interest in acting and being in front of the camera. She was a film producer, actor, and journalist.
2. Islam Shimu had a love for black color.
3. She had even produced a few Bangladeshi movies under her own film production company.
4. Shimu was a non-vegetarian.
5. Her nickname was Shimu.
6. Raima Shimu worked with almost every famous Bangladeshi directors, such as AJ Rana, Enayet Karim, Sharifuddin Khan, and more.
7. Shimu appeared in numerous movies opposite popular Bangladeshi actors, including Zahid Hasan, Bapparaj, Riaz, Amit Hasan, and many others.
8. Raima Islam worked in various Bangladeshi TV dramas apart from movies.
9. She was Vice President of Sales and Marketing of a TV news channel, ATN Bangla, which she joined on 29 December 2020.
10. Shimu was even the CEO of an event management company, TN Events Ltd.
11. She commenced a beauty salon in Bangladesh under the name “Rose Beauty Salon.”
12. Raima Shimu also launched a music production studio ‘SR Production’ in Bangladesh.
13. Shimu was even working as a journalist for “Arthokotha – The National Business Magazine of Bangladesh.”
14. Raima used to run a YouTube channel under the name ‘SR Production Shimu.’ She joined YouTube on 14 September 2018.
Raima was missing for a few days before she was found dead inside a sack in the outskirts of Dhaka, near the Hazratpur Bridge in Keraniganj on 17 January 2022. The news says she was brutally murdered by her husband, Shakhawat Ali Nobel. Actress’s husband has confessed to his involvement in his wife’s murder after hours of vigorous grilling. Dhaka police earlier had stated that the reason behind Raima Islam Shimu’s death was a family feud.
Raima’s body was sent to Sir Salimullah Medical College morgue for postmortem. Also, her husband and his car driver have been detained by the police for investigation.